Friday, December 23, 2011

Thai Shrimp and Snowpeas

Are you an "eyeballer?"  Or do you measure everything meticulously?  Do you read the directions on a recipe before you start or do you just jump in without preparing?  Yeah.  I am both an eyeballer and a jumper.  I rarely measure when cooking and never read through the directions fully.  That's what I love about cooking as opposed to baking.  I can get away with both.

I had pinned a shrimp recipe awhile back and after finally picking up some Thai Red Curry Paste last weekend I was ready to give it a shot.  I am not going to post a recipe because it was so dang easy.  Takes 10 minutes to prepare.

Thai Shrimp and Snowpeas- Saute four sliced scallions in a little oil and add some minced garlic and salt, let cook for a few minutes.  Then add a tbsp of thai red curry paste and cook for another minute.  Add your shrimp and cook for three minutes.  Pour in coconut milk, between half and one cup, and a few liberal dashes of fish sauce.  Stir and cook for a minute, then throw in your snowpeas.  Cook until veg are heated through and shrimp is done.  Super easy, super fast.  M and I ate ours with chili garlic sauce to give it some heat, but S scarfed hers down happily without it. 

I need to get some recipes together for this weekend.  We aren't all that into hannukah and we have no family in town so this weekend is going to be long and pretty uneventful.  Lots of cooking, hanging out, and family time, just the three of us.  I'm just kind of sick of baked goods.  Sick of almond flour, coconut flour, flour in general.  Maybe it's time to play with my ice cream maker again.

I hope you all have wonderful, fun, and happy plans for this holiday weekend and for New Years as well.  However you spend your time, and whoever it's with, may it be pleasant, joyful, healthy, and happy.  Much love to you all and your grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, whatever-free families! XoXo GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment