Friday, January 4, 2013

Family New Years Celebration + Very Vanilla (Squash) Cupcakes, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free

Our family New Years celebration was a hit!  I decided to use my china and make the table look pretty for once.  I have not one but three sets of china.  Crazy.  And none of them are from my wedding!  I was just lucky to inherit quite a lot of china.  I also have four sets of dessert place settings.  Cray cray.  I loooove  dishes though so I am not complaining!  Here is my "tablescape" if you will:


Steamed lobster tails couldn't be easier.  To prepare that is.  I put 4 tails in my steamer and covered them for exactly 7 minutes.  They were perfectly cooked.  Pain in arse to get out of their shells though.  Geez.  Worth it though!  They were delish.  With steamed cauli doused with  sea salt and truffle oil and a simple herb salad, dinner was done in relatively short order.  Dessert for MKG and S were Very Vanilla Cupcakes, grain/gluten/sugar free and made with an entire can of pumpkin puree for good measure and extra vitamin A.

Very Vanilla (Squash) Cupcakes- Free of grains, gluten, and sugar
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup milk of choice, coconut, almond, etc
1 tbsp vanilla extract
5 droppers SweetLeaf English Toffee Liquid Stevia

Whisk your dry ingredients together well, breaking up any clumps.  Combine your wet ingredients in a separate bowl, and then add wet to dry.  This will be a very wet batter and may take a bit longer than usual to cook.  However, as you can see, it is super clean and super healthy.  Feel free to eat these for breakfast!  Bake at 350 in paper lined muffin tin until the tops are golden brown.  The frosting is simply coconut cream whipped with a few drops of stevia and some cinnamon.  Easy peasy folks!  This made 12 cupcakes.  I left a few unfrosted for S's breakfast.  Although who could argue with eating one of these cupcakes for breakfast! I mean really!

Once again, happy 2013!!  Here's to a lobster and cupcake filled year for us all!
XoXoGFG



No comments:

Post a Comment